Back for its 11th year, the prestigious Somerset Business Awards is officially launching at the Somerset in Business Conference, Junction 24, on Thursday 4th June 2015.
Now firmly established as a key date in the regional business calendar, the Awards celebrate outstanding Somerset companies and offer an excellent opportunity for all business sectors to meet, be inspired and showcase their achievements.
Businesses in Somerset of all sizes and sectors can enter the Somerset Business Awards free of charge, entering into as many categories as they wish. There are 14 award categories for 2015, including the introduction of new categories such as the Somerset Manufacturer Award and updated entry criteria for the Charity of the Year Award. Albert Goodman returns as the headline sponsor of the Awards for the fifth consecutive year.
Wyke Farms was the winner of both the Environmental Award and Business of the Year 51+ in 2014. Managing Director Rich Clothier comments, “To be recognised in the Somerset Business Awards is a fantastic boost for the team and the business. We are immensely proud of our Somerset roots and the standard of businesses in this region is so high, so to be one of the best in Somerset is something that helps us in every aspect of business. Our customers and suppliers recognise the Somerset Business Awards as a recognition of both quality and professionalism.”
Jenn Chidley-Sanders, Member Services Manager at the Somerset Chamber of Commerce which organises the Awards, says, “We are excited to welcome back the Somerset Business Awards. Each year we have seen an increase in the number of applications and a significant increase in the quality of these applications, which is fantastic! We are delighted that once again we can recognise and celebrate great businesses within Somerset.”
The Awards will be open for entries from 1st June 2015, with the official launch event taking place on 4th June, and will close at 17:00 on Friday 21st August 2015. For entry details and to apply online from 1st June, please visit: www.somersetbusinessawards.org.uk.
The full list of awards categories and sponsors is as follows:
- Albert Goodman Family Business Albert Goodman LLP
of the Year Award
- Business of the Year 1-10 Yeovil College
- Business of the Year 11-25 A. C.Mole & Sons
- Business of the Year 26-50 EDF Energy
- Business of the Year 51+ Higos Insurance Services Ltd
- Charity of the Year Award Clarke Willmott LLP
- Environmental Award Porter Dodson
- International Trade Award Foot Anstey LLP
- Marketing & Promotion Award ADPR Ltd
- New Business of the Year Award Glyder Ltd
- Somerset Manufacturer Award Monahans
- Service Excellence Award Elite Staffing Solutions
- Skills for Growth Award Somerset College
- Young Business Employee of the Year Jobseekers Recruitment Services Ltd
Media sponsors: Newsquest and Heart FM
Follow @SomBizAwards on Twitter for all the latest news and updates from the Somerset Business Awards. #SBA2015