We welcome entries from businesses of all sizes and sectors providing they have a valid Somerset postcode (see our terms and conditions for full details.) Winning companies should be innovative, progressive and most importantly profitable.
Application for a Somerset Business Award needs to be made online at via our online entry form.
Businesses can enter more than one category, but will have to make multiple applications, ensuring that they differentiate between the criteria of each award.
Each entry must include:
- An 800 word statement
- Six key points to summarise
- Up to 5 supporting attachments (no larger than 2MB each)
- A high-resolution logo company logo
Your 800 word application needs to include the following:
- A background on your business and a brief history
- Why your company should win
- How you are better than your competitors
- How your business has improved based on the category requirements
- An indication of how the business has benefited financially as a result of improvements in this category
- Financial records (turnover, profit/loss figures will be treated in confidence)
Terms and Conditions:
- Businesses must be based within the administrative boundaries of Somerset. Whilst we are keen not to discourage quality entries from within the historic boundaries of Somerset, we will also accept entries from the following North Somerset postcodes; BA3, BS21, 22, 23, 24, 39,40, 49
- The business should have its Head Office within the defined eligible area set out above. If this is not the case, the entry MUST demonstrate that the enterprise has local autonomy over business planning, marketing, HR and budget
- Shortlisted companies must be available for judges interviews and site visits during the dates listed above
- Businesses can enter more than one category, but a separate application must be made online for each category
- Only entries submitted online via the Somerset Business Awards website can be accepted
- Decisions by the judging panel are final but feedback is available when requested
Awards Guide 2018: