This award recognises an organisation or individual who has gone above and beyond for the benefit of others, outside of the remit of their day-to-day job. Maybe they have exceeded a personal goal or made a significant contribution to their community or employer.
Achievements could include anything from fundraising, to a significant business contribution, community work or CSR. Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by employers, colleagues or beneficiaries. The nominating individual will need to support the entry with clear evidence of the nominee’s achievements and good work.
(Please note there are separate categories for Outstanding Business COVID-19 Response and for individual or company Environmental Achievement)
Judges will be looking for:
- Evidence of successful projects carried out and the positive impacts these projects or project has had
- Why the individual or organisation deserves to win
- Going the extra mile – achievements beyond the nominee’s daily role
For any queries regarding your entry, please get in touch with the Chamber Team at email@example.com.
How do I enter?
All you need to do is complete the online entry form, making sure that you understand the criteria for the category/ies that you wish to enter.
- Choose your category
- Enter a statement of up to 800 words explaining why your business merits an award
- Highlight up to six key points selling your company to the judges
- Attach up to five pieces of evidence to support your application – attachments can be up to a maximum of 2MB each.
- Attach the company logo
Does my business qualify?
All businesses entering the awards must be based within the district council administrative boundaries of Sedgemoor, South Somerset, Mendip and Somerset West and Taunton. Business can also enter if they are based within the following North Somerset Council and Bath and North East Somerset postcodes:
BS21, 22, 23, 24, 40, 48 and 49
The business should have its head office within the defined eligible area set out above. If this is not the case, the entry MUST demonstrate that the enterprise has local autonomy over business planning, marketing, HR and budget within the eligible areas listed above.
If you are unsure if you qualify, please get in touch.
Visit our frequently asked questions page